Purchasing function is a strong optimization lever of performances and competitiveness.
Generally speaking and not only within VALCO Group, this function is driven by the current acceleration of the Supply-Chain management. Structuring the supplier relationship to be more effective leads to the whole company efficiency.
While serving the different businesses and operating entities of VALCO Group, it also constitutes a development focus for the group’s activities, notably through the integration of ‘local content’ issues (some components purchases shall be made directly in the finished equipment country of destination).
In this context, the major missions are built around the following focuses:
- Define a clear and consistent purchasing policy for the company, offering a high service level to its internal customers and supporting VALCO Group commitments in terms of responsibility (particularly concerning used materials’ origin and traceability);
- Contribute to the creation of value by proposing appropriate sourcing to the different operating entities and integrating suppliers markets innovations and evolutions (materials, machining techniques ...) ;
- Promote procurement.
VALCO Group relies on a 6-persons reliable team for this:
- Three buyers in charge of leading the suppliers’ panel and developing strategic partnerships while controlling the overall cost of acquisition.
- Two purchasers managing deliveries in project mode.
- A technical expert, in charge of developing and validating the foundry parts prototypes (50% of the purchase part).
To manage the different markets the best way, VALCO Group is able to propose an exclusive Western Europe Supply-Chain in which a part of its LCC purchases (low-cost countries) is integrated.
Export Industrial Development
VALCO group concerned to provide export customers with service, reactivity while ensuring an excellent product quality level, locates as close as possible to its customers by creating its own subsidiaries or JV (Joint-Ventures) with recognized local operators.
These industrial facilities can also help to meet the requirements of a "local content" constraint.
"We are always looking for partners or components suppliers (gaskets, fasteners, linings, machining, etc..) wishing to take part in our export industrial development in the fields of Oil & Gas, Energy, the Navy or Cryogenics"